Saturday 29 December 2012

A Ukelele Gets Me Going

Wow, my son bought me a wonderful present this christmas - a ukelele!


I had been getting into listening to this instrument and had just bought a CD called, "The Ukelele Album" by Joe Browne. A new toy, perhaps; a new direction, possibly; but amazing fun. His "piece de resistance" must be, See you in my dreams, which he performed to end the Concert For George -in memory of George Harrison. Here is a live version off TV.



I have discovered a wealth of sites on the internet devoted to this wonderful fun instrument and will be posting a list of links as soon as I have decided which ones are the best, for now if you are interested try this one, a massive list of possible sites.

By the way, if you are not sure who Joe Brown is, try my tribute to him :- Joe Brown and The Bruvvers


No comments:

Post a Comment