Wednesday 8 October 2014

Hank Marvin Playing Brian May's Version of The Shadows Hit FBI

What? Is that what it seems, you betcha!

I have just found this video on You Tube by accident and the title spells it out exactly. It is performed live in Hank's UK tour of 1997. he was joined on that tour by son Ben, Mark Griffiths and Warren Bennet.

You may know of the 1996 album TWANG, which was a tribute to The Shadows by a number of the foremost axemen from the world of rock. I wrote about this album in my own tribute to Hank Marvin which is now on HubPages.  One of the tracks was Brian May playing his version of FBI which of course was made into a hit by The Shadows.

In the video,Hank explains that he is going to play FBI as played by Brian May, playing The Shadows Hit. It's not really that complicated, just take your time if you are having trouble, LOL. So here it is, and what a fantastic pair Hank and Ben make on this number.



I have been away for a while due to unavoidable circumstances but I hope that I shall be posting regularly again if infrequently for a little while until things are rally on an even keel.

No comments:

Post a Comment